On 01/22/2011 01:27 AM, Insan Praja SW wrote:
Seems obvious that symux isn't detecting rollover properly for whatever
variable you are seeing a graph "spike". It should be fairly easy for
them to fix if you report it. The fact that it affects 64bit and not
32bit counters is a damn good clue.

symux reports measurements to rrdtool, and rrdtool tries to detect rollovers.
Without looking at any source I would guess that the new pfctl -f zeros the
queue stat counts, which would lead to rrdtool making a false overflow
detection. This should affect both 32/64 bit archs.  Also note that this would
be hard to fix in symon/symux; pfctl is right to reset the stats, and rrdtools
overflow handling is nice for when you have overflows. I don't see a simple way
of second guessing either of them in the symon/symux source.

We already contacted the maintainer, still no reply though.

This is the first mail I received about this subject, or are were you talking
about someone else?

Cheers,
Willem