On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 04:20:04 +0700, Insan Praja SW <insan.pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 01:54:32 +0700, Willem Dijkstra <w...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 01/22/2011 01:27 AM, Insan Praja SW wrote:
Seems obvious that symux isn't detecting rollover properly for whatever
variable you are seeing a graph "spike". It should be fairly easy for
them to fix if you report it. The fact that it affects 64bit and not
32bit counters is a damn good clue.

symux reports measurements to rrdtool, and rrdtool tries to detect rollovers. Without looking at any source I would guess that the new pfctl -f zeros the queue stat counts, which would lead to rrdtool making a false overflow detection. This should affect both 32/64 bit archs.
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
In my last email, all 4.8 platform makes them same behavior.

Also note that this would be hard to fix in symon/symux; pfctl is right to reset the stats, and rrdtools overflow handling is nice for when you

Comparing to systat(1) at queue view, when "pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf" was executed, the counters went "*", is it zero-ed?

have overflows. I don't see a simple way of second guessing either of them in the symon/symux source.

So the solution (right now) would be using rrdtool overflow handling.

We already contacted the maintainer, still no reply though.
     ^^^

This is the first mail I received about this subject, or are were you talking about someone else?

Sorry Will, I'am talking about someone else, with less english writing skill :D

Cheers,
Willem

Thanks,

Insan Praja