misc@,

I recently acquired a playstation 3 and have been running into some
difficulties playing it online behing my openbsd gateway.  After doing
some research and testing I have been able to overcome most of these
problems by appending the static-port option to my nat rule.  I
understand the concept that this prevents pf from modifying the source
port on the packets as they are natted.  But I am curious as to what
implications "flipping this switch has".  At least I'm guessing there
must be something since it is not the default behavior.

Thanks,
--
Josh Smith
KD8HRX