On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Joel Wiramu Pauling <j...@aenertia.net> wrote:
> Does the PS3 support ipv6? Are Sony's servers IPv6 compliant. The
> better option is to acquire IPv6 transit someway (either by
> terminating a tunnel broker pipe and advertising RA from your openbsd
> box) or better still switching to an ISP that support native v6
> service.
>
> Kind regards
>
> -JoelW

Joel,
Unfortunately the device and/or the servers used for each game are not
(yet?) ipv6 compliant.  Thanks for taking the time to provide an
answer to my question.

> On 1 February 2011 12:13, Chris Cappuccio <ch...@nmedia.net> wrote:
>> the alternative is UPnP, which you'd need a supporting daemon to add port
>> mappings into pf to support with an obsd gateway

Chris,
I realize UPnP is a possible alternative for this.  I was more curious
about the technical details of what's going on with the static-port
option and what the ramifications of using it are.  As I stated before
I'm guessing there is a good reason this isn't the default option for
nat and I am curious as to why and any "gotchas" I should be on the
look out for after enabling this option.

<snip>

Thanks,
--
Josh Smith