I just did a little mix session with stretching off, and it was
definitely distracting having the beats not line up.  So I reverted the
changes back to stretching mode.

At this point I think the vinyl control is "done enough" for me to
propose it for merging.  Any changes I make now are going to be minor
tweaks.

owen