On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 19:50 +0200, Sean M. Pappalardo - D.J. Pegasus
wrote:

> When you're trying to scratch a particular sample (without the benefit
> of a sticker on your controller/vinyl,) it's preferable for the waveform
> to just move rather than stretch.
>
> So the idea to make it toggleable is a good one, since you can be mixing
> on a deck one minute, then scratching the next.

Let me clarify the bug a little.  I only activate strechy mode if the
vinyl has a good position signal.  That means when the dj is scratching
you don't get rubberbanding because there's no good position
information.

The bug does show up when the dj is cueing a track and gives the record
a little push or drags on the platter to slow it down.  Those
adjustments do cause the track to rubberband, since xwax still has a
good sense of position.

So scratching is not an issue, it's just the cueing part where the
problem shows up.

I did commit a series of patches that disable stretching completely for
vinyl mode.  I can always revert it, but I think it's worth a try.

(last revision with stretchy-mode: lp:~ywwg/mixxx/features_xwax2 2457)

Would it be helpful for me to post a couple screencapture videos of the
behavior?  It sounds like most people don't have access to vinyl control
so the whole thing might be kind of abstract.

owen