You can simulate the Serato CD control pretty easily.  They make the
file available here: http://serato.com/downloads/scratchlive-controlcd

What I do is start up mixxx with JACK and also start up jack-rack with
nothing in it.  I set the output of mixxx deck 1 to be the jack-rack,
and the input of deck 2 to be the jack-rack.  The audio from deck one
goes through the jack-rack and into the vinyl control input of deck 2.
Then I can load the CD waveform in deck 1, and use that to control deck
2.

There is a bizarre bug where sometimes (often) Mixxx doesn't understand
the timecode on the CD -- I'll get good pitch, but the signal meter
shows up as red which means it doesn't understand the timecode.

If anyone else sees that problem let me know.

Owen