Hi Owen,

Good to hear that you've started working on it. I looked at your GSoC ideas
page and thought about giving this a try. Since you've mentioned it there
isn't it possible to let a student develop this? I'll take whatever the
ideas that you are suggesting in the development process. I'm pretty keen
on doing this project both to support Mixxx and do this for GSoC at the
same time.
The sources that you have foreseen for the master clock are quite good.  I
was thinking the same way about playback sync. But having BPM and phase
synchronization will be as of equal importance to make the two tracks to be
in sync.

Since it is important build this important feature I will provide a
detailed proposal in the upcoming days. It is always good to have a good
plan before doing such an improvement.

May be you can be my mentor in this project :)

Thanks
Gayan