On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 15:36 +0200, Daniel Schürmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just ask the Clementine developers about our problem:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/clementine-player/browse_thread/thread/4e49fe3ddf0a71fe/8754d2fce8fccddf?show_docid=8754d2fce8fccddf#
>
> For my feeling we should take a similar way of writing tags back to
> the files.

Or we could just wait until Mixxx is exiting before we update metadata
in the files.  Just keep a list of all the changed files, and on exit,
loop through the list and write it out.  If a lot of tags got edited it
might delay program exit, but that could be done after the window is
closed.  As long as Mixxx doesn't crash it'll be transparent.

As far as other programs writing tracks during a set, we can put a
warning about that but I don't think we should code around it.

owen

This SF email is sponsosred by:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sfd2d-msazure