http://djworx.com/update-free-dj-software-mixxx-reaches-1-11-0/

It's a very positive review, but it's clear where Mixxx is lacking.

"Going back to my “almost complete” comment. When I say almost, at this
time the effects engine is woefully inadequate. The team have clearly
spent time on a lot of key features, but seem to have left the effects
engine on a back burner. For me, if Mixxx is ever to move beyond being
open source free software, it needs more effects as an absolute
priority. I know it’s incredibly daunting to be faced with the combined
1-2 of Traktor and Serato’s iZotope effects superiority, but this just
shows how important a feature is it to users. Actually, calling it a
feature is a disservice — effects are as important as loops, hot cues
and any other essential DJ tool."

And apparently our version numbers are too low??  That's a weird
complaint.