The top row of selectors is not ideal, I agree.  But adding
skin-specific options to app-wide menus gets painful quickly. If you add
"hide crossfader" to the menu you'll also have to add support for hidden
crossfader to Deere and Shade as well. Otherwise people using those
skins will file bugs saying they tried to hide the crossfader and it's
not working.  So unless you are committed to adding show/hide options
for eqs, crossfader, and whatever else to all three skins, your PR has
no chance of being accepted.

owen