As discussed on GitHub, "pin" implies that the pane cannot be switched.
Perhaps "sticky" would be a better name for the feature. I think leaving
it to users to explicitly define their personal preference for what
features should be stickied in which right pane side would be a good
solution. This would have an advantage over the current behavior by
letting users choose which features they think should be stickied rather
than having a predefined list of features (currently all except Crates
and Playlists). What could be a good icon to represent this? A sticky
note? Bookmark?