Do I understand it right? The students are behind the money they may get
from Google and not after the knowledge they gain solving a specific
project?

I never studied, but always wanted to. Meanwhile I am in a good position
w/o an exam and having not enough time/mood to contribute.

Really sad to read that.

Cheers
Thorsten