On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 02:53:40PM +0100, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

> When you encode the video you should use the -S -B option. Then mplex
> will split the file when multiplexing into pices with a correct start
> and end.

As there is no -B option in the released mplex, I assume you are talking
about the CVS... I can't compil it on my computer, but on another, mplex
still has no -B option???

I don't use any encoding tools: I record directly in mpeg2 format and I
demux with ds.jar, and use mplex to mux the files together ;-)

Wouldn't it be easyer to add an option to mplex like this:

mplex -f 8 -B -S 400 -o file%02d.mpg /video2/*.*

Or is there a way to split correctly after?

Thank you very much,

        Grégoire