In a previous conversation on this mailing list, I was advised against using --keep-hf with analog source material.  However, my (informal) tests seemed to indicate that --keep-hf did pretty good with denoised (i.e. yuvdenoise/yuvmedianfilter) analog source material.  I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Steven Boswell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Richard Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my experience with experimenting with the --reduce-hf flag to mpeg2enc,
that having the flag turned on created a ringing effect at sharp edge
transitions in the playback image.
[...]
I have not been able to find a similar effect from using
yuvdenoise/yuvmedian and turning on the "--keep-hf" flag to mpeg2enc.

Do you Yahoo!?