Hallo

> after all the hints which I got from the list I am now very proud to have my
> first VCD ready with a result comparable to the source quality (bad Video8).
>
> Having said this I am trying now to make the whole stuff more comfortable.
> Therefore I tried to use linux video studio - and failed miserably.
Which version do you use ?

> My system is a SuSE 7.2 with the latest SuSE update kernel 2.4.18-SuSE. Since
> this kernel includes bttv-0.7.x, I tried to build newer bttv drivers:
>
> download the stock kernel sources 2.4.20, building bttv 0.9.10 (a 0.8.x
> version was not available), boot the new kernel. Build LVS. studio started
> correctly. When I tried to play a .avi-movie the bttv driver in the kernel
> panic'ed immediately (a BUG() triggered bu bttv), and my system rebooted. Now
> I am a little bit lost because I do not know where to look. Therefore my
> question: Which combination of kernel/bttv/Xfree is known to work? Hopefully
> one which is close to a stock 7.2 ;-)
Which page did you use ?
If you did want to use the "Playback Video" page. I fear it cannot work.
Because that is a feature only for the zoran based cards.

Recording should work fine if you change the setting in the options from
"Hardware JPEG" to "Software JPEG".

The "Edit Video" and "Encode Video" Part should work fine.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard