Le Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:34:22 -0800 (PST)
"Steven M. Schultz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrivait :

[...]

>       Nicolas Boos is having the same problem with his glibc 2.1.2
>       system - in fact the segfault is happening on the same line
>       ' 309  mulps_m2r( *(mmx_t*)&piqf[0], xmm2 );'!

Hey, mine is 2.2.5 (Debian Woody) !

>       There were two problems, the first was the use of
>       posix_memalign() - that is known to be broken in glibc 2.1.2.

For the moment, I'm using "#undef HAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN" instead of
"#define HAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN 1" in configure as workaround.

[...]

>       The problem seems to be related to SSE being used with glibc
>       2.1.2. Signal handling related perhaps?    Malloc alignment
>       issues would be another good possibility.
>
>       Not sure how this can be dealt with.  If the exact breakage were
>       known it might be (but then again it might not be) possible to
>       work around the problem.   Working around libc bugs is difficult
>       - at some point programs need to trust the system components to
>       work as expected.

Yes, It's probably SSE related (mpeg2enc runs fine on my old Celeron),
but don't know exactly for the glibc case.

Cheers,
   Nicolas