On Monday 19 January 2004 22:37, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> Andrew Stevens wrote:
> >>With 1.6.1.92,
> >>timestamp in NTSC movies was wrong. This seems to be fixed in .93, but I
> >>was wondering.
> >
> > Do you really mean timestamp? There was a rate control issue in .92....
>
> Maybe it was that. Other tools showed the wrong length of the encoded
> movie.

That is unrelated to timestamping.  It depends on the algorithm used by the
players/tools for calculating playtime (most do it wrong/use a reasonable
guess that can be wildly wrong depending on the encoding parameters).

> >>I was able to encode NTSC SVCD  -> NTSC DVD with .92 and transcode
> >>(although with wrong timestamps). .93 crashes after about 16 MB result
> >>file size. How can I provide more info to fix this?
> >
> > Full log of mpeg2enc's output... (-v 1 or -v 2 ).  Crashing is pretty bad
> > though - try to do each part of the transcode seperately rather than
> > all-in-one go to isolate the possible sources of the crash.

Try doing the encode step by step with intermediate files.

First transcode to the YUV4MPEG format (the files will be huge - you'll want
to stop once you've reached the point where crashes occur!

Encode that with mpeg2enc.

Encode the audio to MP2

Multiplex with whatever multiplexer you're using.

        Andrew
PS
I'd suspect a broken build or something like that: its a long time since
mpeg2enc has actually crashed out due to real bugs.