On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Jonathan Woithe wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light on these observations - either in terms of ways to
> "fix" the P frames or to make the "I frame only" stream happy with fast
> forwarding in hardware DVD players?  I've searched the net fairly

        I've had no problems with any set top players with the default
        mpeg2enc settings - but some SOFTWARE players (Apple's DVD Player
        and Quicktime MPEG-2 module and the Ogle DVD player) do not like
        MPEG-2 streams no B frames.

        mpeg2enc by default does not produce B frames and instead uses
        what's known as DPME (which at [EMAIL PROTECTED] can only be done if no B
frames
        are used - higher levels of MPEG-2 encoders can use DPME and B frames)

        Try adding "-R 2" (or -R 1) to the mpeg2enc options - perhaps that
        will solve the problem.

        I'd be very surprised if a DVD manufacturer did not implement DP
        in their decoder but I suppose it's possible.