On Wednesday 11 Aug 2004 20:42, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> Hallo

Hello again.

> Tthe first .eli in particular (3 images) has a good first
> > image, but the other two look ghosted although the .eli definitely only
> > specifies one frame. Very odd.
>
> I really dont get it what you want to tell me/us there.

Just that in two of the pictures there appeared to be ghosting, as though
there was movement.  It's not important, really, as working with the jpgs
instead has given me clearer pictures.

> > jpeg2yuv says
> > The utility you are looking for is ppmtoy4m
>
> That information was correct for some time. But that problem was
> corrected.
>
> > ppmtoy4m -n 125 -F 25:1 -A 59:54 image%02.jpg
> > **ERROR: [lavtrans] Error opening image%02djpg: No such file or directory
>
> ppmtoy4m can only deal with ppm files !!!!

Reasonable enough - I was only confused by the comment in jpeg2yuv man
page :-)

> > So then I tried to put together a command for jpeg-yuv, like this
> > jpeg2yuv -f 25 -I p -L 1 -j image%02.jpg
> > but there doesn't seem to be an output filename?
>
> You want as output a mjpeg encoded avi/mov or do you want a mpeg video ?
> You have to pipe the yuv output to a other programm like mpeg2enc or
> yuv2lav.

I had intended putting all the image avis into one larger avi and dealing with
the transitions etc before blending it into the long avi.  However, I
couldn't work that out from the CLI.  I did manage to combine the images into
one list using LVS however.

What I then discovered was that lavplay could not play the file, as the images
were too large.  I think that tomorrow I need to look at yuvscaler to sort
that out.

The blending of pairs of images worked well, I thought, but it would be nice
to fade out the last image.  Is there any way of doing that?

> > Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?
>
> Not yet ;)

When all this is sorted I shall be putting a page in there about it ;-)

I do feel that I'm making progress.  The man pages are generally very helpful,
but sometimes I haven't exactly understood what was needed, so had to ask for
clarification.  I'll keep everything at the avi stage until I have sorted the
fade and blends.  Thanks for all the help.  I'll let you know how I get on
tomorrow.

Anne
- --
Registered Linux User No.293302