On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> > > Out of curiosity, how did you end up with a 768x576 interlaced PAL avi?
>

>       That's the square pixel PAL full frame size of course ;)
>
>       768/576 = 4/3

I know, but I avoid capture cards that generate "square pixels" from
non-square pixel sources. As you know PAL or for that matter NTSC frames
are not exactly 4:3. I hope the card is padding the frame correctly before
scaling.

> > My capture card is a DC10+ under v4l - that's the resolution it captures at
> > full size.  On my previous small project I used -d 2, but I think on this one
> > I used -d 1 in lavrec.
>
>       Yep - and DC10+ cards generate square pixels (or, if they can provide
>       Rec.601 pixels then the drivers/software aren't requesting that
>       format).  Thus the need to resample/scale to the DVD frame size.

Funny that it cant be convinced to deliver 704x576 or padded 720x576
frames.

Selva