On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Steven Boswell II wrote:

> I don't know when we developers will officially
> release a new version of mjpegtools -- there's

        :)

> version in order to use y4mdenoise.  But if you do, I
> just finished writing the first dual-processor version!

        Your timing is _excellent_.  The rendering session just completed
        early this morning and I was just about to start the encoding when
        I saw your announcement of the "-p" option.

> reading/writing of frames into separate threads.  "-p
> 2" moves color-denoising into a separate thread.  So

        'top' on OS/X shows the number of threads being used by a process
        and with "y4mdenoise -p 2" there are 4 threads.  Wheee!

> than it was.  And it's nice to see the main thread
> (the one denoising intensity) running near 100% CPU usage.

        That's how y4mdenoise has always behaved <grin> - but now it's using
        part of the 2nd cpu as well :)

        It's working nicely so far - thanks!