Nicolas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recorded some movies from my DC10 using lavrec. The input media is an
> analog camcorder connected with a S-VHS cable.
>
> I used the following command line:
> lavrec -f a -i P -l 100 -R m -d 1 record.avi
That lookes good you use the SVHS input, so there the quality should be
rather high. You might want to lower the audio volume (-l 100) if you
think the sound is distorted. You can check the recorded waveform with
sound editos like snd.

> Is there better options that I should type in order to get the best
> quality?
If you increase the quality -q to like 80 it might be a little bit
better. Aboth that you might encounter problems.

> Moreover, the command line which I used produced an .avi file which I
> could no import into Cinelerra... I had to use lavtrans to convert it
> into a .mpeg2 format. That's the command line I used:
If Cinelerra support quicktime use it.

> nice -19 lav2yuv stunt.avi | y4mshift -n -2 | yuvscaler -I
> USE_744x560+12+8 -O DVD -M BICUBIC | yuvdenoise -F | yuvmedianfilter -T
> 3 | mpeg2enc -f 3 -b 15000 -a 2 -I 0 -q 2 -o stunt.mpeg2
>
> Since you use mjpegtools since a long long time, could you give me the
> options you use now?
You might play with some other values like -N -E -D and so one. Check
out one of Steven's scripts he posted. They produces a very good quality
but the command lookes like that (you need the CVS version of the
mjpegtoos for that):
    yuvmedianfilter -t 0 | \
    yuvdenoise -Y 2 -U 6 -V 6 -y 3 -u 8 -v 8 | \
    y4mscaler -O chromass=420_MPEG2 -S option=sinc:6 | \
    mpeg2enc -M 2 -f 8 -c -D 10 -E -10 -q 4 -4 1 -2 1 -K tmpgenc -o
foo.m2v

Things differ a little when you don't encode for DVD.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard