Dave told me "as" corresponds to the GNU binutils assembler. However,
it's already installed on my SID Debian system:

#dpkg -l | grep binutils
ii  binutils       2.15-5         The GNU assembler, linker and binary
utiliti
ii  binutils-dev   2.15-5         The GNU binary utilities (BFD
development fi

Does anyone knows why the error message about "as" appears while
binutils is already installed on my system?

Thank you.

Nicolas.

--
- Z750 & Linux -------  ._ /\_>