[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> $ sox -V
> sox: Version 12.17.7

Checking the sox ChangeLog, I found this:

sox-12.17.8
-----------
  o "-x" option was being ignored since 12.17.7.

So it looks like a bug in 12.17.7 - you should upgrade to 12.17.8 and
that should fix it.

> I now swapped the bytes myself and now the mpeg file is ok. Any
> suggestions for the best video rate with pcm audio?
> At the moment I use this mpeg2enc options:
> -M3 -a2 -q4 -f8 -b8192 -np -F3 -I1 -21 -41 -r16 -N1.0 -Khi-res -D10 -s -c -P
>
> But the burned result skips some video frames when playing it on a
> normal dvd player. Ton is ok.

Limiting the bitrate to about 8Mbit/s (which you have done) should be
fine.  If the peak bitrate is less than that you should be fine.

Does mplex give you any error messages or warnings about buffer
underflows?  What are the average and peak bitrates it displays when it
finishes running?

Dave.