Bernhard Frühmesser wrote:
Hello,

I have a small problem :-)

I used the mjpegtools to record a movie from a VHS Video a while ago, unfortunately i don´t have the VHS tape anymore, but i have all the stuff on DVD. I would need a short sequence of the Video to use on another DVD. Just a short sequence.

Does anybody know if it is possible to "rip" back the DVD to use it with the mjpegtools (glav) etc...?

There are a couple of tools to make this very easy.

Since this is one of your own authored DVDs you won't need any decryption software.

You can copy the VIDEO_TS structure straight off the dvd to your harddisk.

To convert the mpeg VOB files into more friendly mpegs, I use a program called dvdunauthor, which is a part of the dvdauthor package.
http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/

You can point dvdunauthor directly at your DVD, since you do not need to do any decrypting.

You can then use mpeg2dec to convert the mpeg files into yuv4mpeg streams.
(or ffmpeg or mplayer...)

Mark