Bernhard Frühmesser wrote:
 >>So far i have the vob file on the HDD, and mpeg2dec reads it, but do i
 >> have to use a pipe here to store the output in a file? Right now the
>> video displays on the desktop. With -o pgm i get a pgm for each >>frame.

> Why not use 'mpeg2dec -o pgmpipe ...'?

I have tested this, mpeg2dec ofile.m2v -o pgmpipe | pgmtoy4m -i t -a 1:1 -r 30000:1001 -x 420mpeg2 > test.mov

But when i do a lavplay later on test.mov i get:

nable to identify file (not a supported format - avi, quicktime).
**ERROR: [lavplay] Error opening test.mov

Maybe you could try using ffmpeg or mplayer.

I've documented how to get yuv4mpeg out of them previously. Here's the crash course:

ffmpeg -i ofile.m2v -f yuv4mpegpipe test.yuv
(will write to test.yuv)

mplayer -ac dummy -ao null -vo yuv4mpeg -benchmark -noframedrop ofile.m2v
(will write to stream.yuv, this name is hardcoded)

Also have you had a quick look at the resulting yuv file, produced by pgmtoy4m? (test.mov) It should look something like this:

YUV4MPEG2 W352 H288 F30000:1001 It A1:1
FRAME
[snip]

Mark