Hallo

> > I guess you have seen lavtrans alreaddy.
> yes, thanks, I have sent you two letters with attached short.avi but
> they both returned to me:
> >This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
> >
> >A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
> >The following address(es) failed:
>
>  >"ya******"@p******.utanet.at
> >   (ultimately generated from [EMAIL PROTECTED])
> >   message is too big (transport limit = 5000000)
> I drawed stars to not show your email address in web.
My mail account on ther mailserver has only 5MB avaible. So if someone
else sends me some mails you wil get that message. 4MB are usually a
save value.

> > I can encode the sample you have sent me. I attach the output of the
> > sample. I have generated it with that command:
> > > lav2yuv mjpeg2.avi | yuvscaler -O DVD | mpeg2enc -o test.m2v -f 8
> So, what can I do? I tried once again, files coudn't be encoded even
> with exactly your command line, even if I work not with eli but with
> avi...
There is still one thing that comes into my mind. Try once:
lav2yuv -v 2 mjpeg2.avi >/dev/null
Than you should see if lav2yuv is able to decode a single frame.
If that doesn't work too, I'm really clueless.
You could try to run the command in gdb, and see what happens. Maybe you
see there something usefull.
Do you get a segfault or something like that ?

> I again rebuild avi file with mencoder and with no success on a enw file...
> I am not sure but it seemd to me that I had tried with the same effect
> when mjpegtools was compiled with O2 level optimization, now them
> compiled with O3 level optimization.
Which mjpegtools version do you use ? From your last mail I guess that
you still use the old 1.6.2 (... INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.6.2
(31-12-2003)....)
If you do so please upgrade to the 1.8.0 mjpegtools. Before any other
steps.

> But it shouldn't affect...
> I do not know what to think...
> By the way, I build dvd with mainactor compiled files, and very
> unhappy with result, I remember whan I did dvd with mjpegtools that
> was exellen quality result!
Some say that the mjpegtools mpeg2enc the best open source mpeg encoder
;)
I have never used mainactor, so I can't tell anything about it.
There have many things changed the last 5 years, and things got
definatly better.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]