Hallo

> > There is still one thing that comes into my mind. Try once:
> > lav2yuv -v 2 mjpeg2.avi >/dev/null
> > Than you should see if lav2yuv is able to decode a single frame.
> > If that doesn't work too, I'm really clueless.
>
> I have managed to upgrade mjpegtools to 1.8.0
One other thing that came into my mind. If you use the jpeg-mmx please
try it once without it.
If you compile the mjpegtools, you have to add the --without-jpeg-mmx
option when running configure.

> Now I have segmentation fault :)
Ah a segfault. That is something you can backtrace with gdb (or ddd or
other debugers)

> But I didn't have one before with 1.6.2 :)
>
> -------
> localhost 2 # lav2yuv -v 2 000000003.avi > /dev/null
> --DEBUG: [lav2yuv] Opening video file 000000003.avi ...
> --DEBUG: [lav2yuv] File: 000000003.avi, absolute name:
> /tail/ej/2/000000003.avi
[...]
> --DEBUG: [lav2yuv] MJPEG frame 0   len 224592
> Segmentation fault
> localhost 2 #
> ------------------------------------

When you try to debug it with gdb, go to the lavtools directory, and
type there:
lavtools> gdb .libs/lav2yuv

than:
(gdb) run /tail/ej/2/000000003.avi >/dev/null

you will see than something that tells you that the programm has
chrashed.
Just type "bt" for backtrace, and post the output to the mailinglist.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard