Hallo

> I suppose, that when I pressed control+c to interrupt capturing, I
> noticed "audio task dead" message, and it may have been when it was
> with this sequence.
That should not happen. Did you notice some kind of chrash ? Have you
had that problem before ?

> # lavinfo 000000005.avi
> Unable to identify file (not a supported format - avi, quicktime).
> **ERROR: [lavinfo] Error opening a.avi

> anyway, I can convert the file with mencoder using -ovc copy -oac copy
> and it writes readable avi file on the output
> mencoder can't detect fps so I have to mention -ofps option too...
> But mencoder creates file with 720x480 size, I can't force it to
> create another frame rate... without convert to another format as far
> as I understand...
> So, please, help me create avi header and attach it to the file so I
> can convert this sequence too.
When mplayer can play it back, try something like that:
mkfifo stream.yuv
mplayer -nosound -noframedrop -vo yuv4mpeg anyfile.mpg &
cat stream.yuv | yuv2lav -o mjpeg_wo.avi
mplayer -vo null -ao pcm -aofile anyfile.wav anyfile.mpg
lavaddwav mjpeg_wo.avi anyfile.wav mjpeg_with_wav.avi

With that you recreate a mjpeg encoded AVI file. Which degrads the
quality a little, but that might not be important.

I have no idea how to generate a AVI header. Maybe you find something in
the mailinglist archive.

--
auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter