Hallo

> I'm just writing a script, and have to do all step by step.
Have you taken a look at the anytosvcd.sh script ?
It converts any fromat ffmpeg can decode to mpeg 1/2/vcd/svcd/dvd. I
might be worth looking at it. You find the current version in the CVS
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mjpeg/) currently unaviable.

> Usually I do to recode to DVD:
>
> mkfifo stream.yuv
> mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao pcm:file=Film.wav file.avi
>
> And on the other console:
>
> cat stream.yuv | yuvscaler -O DVD | mpeg2enc -b 9000 -f 8 -o Film.m2v
When you do it on the console it works, with that command ?

Try starting the part with the mpeg encoding before starting the
decoding command.
> In my Script I hve only one console, so I put the whole yuv on disk:
>
> MPLAYER_VERBOSE=-1 mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao pcm -msglevel all=-1 076.wmv
> >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> When I do now cat stream.yuv | yuvscaler -O DVD 2>/dev/null |
> mpeg2enc -b 9000 -f 8 -o Film.m2v I get **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not
> read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!
>
> Why this? Is there something wrong when I redirect stderr?
When you create scripts you can turn off all messages of the mjpegtools
by adding -v 0 to each program. so you don't need to pipe it to
/dev/null.

Posting the whole script might help.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter