Last week I installed mjpegtools under Fedora Core 4 for the first time.  I
had a list of the modules that I had previously required, so I modprobed
them.  All went fine, except the zoran module, which returned a 'not found'
message, IIRC.  However, the tools are working perfectly, so I have to assume
that the zoran bit is being handled differently.

I'm preparing a presentation for a LUG, so would like to understand better
what is happening.  Could someone please explain why I had to load it under
Mandriva, but I don't have to under Fedora?  Is this, perhaps, because
something is included in later kernels that is not present in earlier ones?

Anne