Hi,

On Mon, 2006-09-11, Richard Cooper wrote:
>       lavtrans -f i -o %06d.jpg +n movie.avi
[..]
> The JPEG images don't seem to be readable:
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/video/swing_jump$ convert 000000.jpg same.jpg
>       convert: Huffman table 0x00 was not defined `000000.jpg'.
> No other application wants to deal with the images either.

The video probably comes from a cheap photo-camera, right? To save space
(ahem), they lack huffman tables. You can read them by including default
huffman tables, which is what we do. Other applications, however, don't.
A possible solution is to regenerate the images, either by decompression
and recompression into a lossless format (to prevent further quality
loss), or back into JPEG with huffman tables. To do this, run:

lav2yuv +n video.avi | yuv2lav -f i -o %06d.jpg

or

lav2yuv +n video.avi | yuv2pnm [..]

Those image files can then be read by imagemagick (convert) or the GIMP.

> I can't get the sound to dump correctly either:
>       lavtrans -f w -o audio.wav +n movie.avi
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/video/swing_jump$ play audio.wav
>       sox: Failed reading audio.wav: WAV file has unknown format type of 100
>
> The problem there is just a two byte integer at offset 0x14 which is 0x100
> when it should be 1.  Perhaps the endianess is incorrect.

I hope someone else can comment here.

> I'm also not sure what to make of this "+n" option that seems to be
> required to make it work.

MJPEGtools is primarily aimed at TV/video sources, so we handle video in
NTSC or PAL/SECAM format. If it isn't, we assume that to be problematic,
because any tools make assumptions on this. However, we don't adapt
framerate (i.e. a NTSC video isn't re-framerated to 30, neither is a PAL
video re-framerated to 25; this is just for things such as color
correction and other such things). So it should be fine for your
purposes.

Cheers,
Ronald