I'm trying to convert video recorded on my digital camera to a series of JPEG images. I'm using the SVN version downloaded just an hour or two ago, with this command:

        lavtrans -f i -o %06d.jpg +n movie.avi

The JPEG images don't seem to be readable:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/video/swing_jump$ convert 000000.jpg same.jpg
        convert: Huffman table 0x00 was not defined `000000.jpg'.

No other application wants to deal with the images either.

I can't get the sound to dump correctly either:

        lavtrans -f w -o audio.wav +n movie.avi

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/video/swing_jump$ play audio.wav
        sox: Failed reading audio.wav: WAV file has unknown format type of 100

The problem there is just a two byte integer at offset 0x14 which is 0x100 when it should be 1. Perhaps the endianess is incorrect. The JPEG data is far too complicated for me to figure out, so I'll attach one of the images to this message, assuming attachments are allowed.

I'm also not sure what to make of this "+n" option that seems to be required to make it work. It's not television video, it's just plain video, and all I want to do is dump out the individual frames into image files, so I don't understand why I need to pretend as if it is NTSC video in order for it to work. This "+n" isn't going to do anything strange like add or drop frames to try to match some other frame rate, is it?