Hi,

On Tue, 2006-09-11, Richard Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:57:41 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > lav2yuv +n video.avi | yuv2lav -f i -o %06d.jpg
>
> The 'yuv2lav' command won't accept "-f i" as an option.  Is there any
> other way I can do it?  I'd like to have JPEG images as I'm not as
> concerned about image quality as I am about disk space.

Hm... Then instead, just try yuv2lav -fa for avi output and run lavtrans
on the resulting, new .avi file (so lav2yuv +n video.avi | yuv2lav -fa
-o video-reenc.avi && lavtrans -f i -o %06d.jpg video-reenc.avi && rm -f
video-reenc.avi). Now it should have the correct JPEG headers (because
you're re-encoding). Quality loss will be the same as the above command
would give you, and mostly depends on the use of the -q <num> (num is
0-100, where 100 is highest) option in the yuv2lav command above
(default is 50, IIRC).

Cheers,
Ronald