On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Mark Heath wrote:

> I haven't looked thoroughly into this but it appears that the version
> of yuvdeinterlace crashes on 480 height files, while works fine on
> 576 height files.

        yuvdeinterlace has had buffer allocation/addressing issues - in one
        case would end up calculating addresses outside of malloc'd memory

        I made a commit on March 6 2007 to work around one crash.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=E1HOOPS-0005dV-Gr%40sc8-pr-cvs7.sourceforge.net

> I'm not sure which version I am using, the tool doesn't have any
> version information, it is the Motion-Compensating-Deinterlacer.  I
> did compile it from the 1.9.0rc2, I'm not sure if there have been any

        There have been a few changes to the tools since 1.9.0rc2 - I know that
        I had to disable the use of some Altivec routines if yuvdeinterlace
        was used on a PPC platform.

> Thread 0 Crashed:
> 0    __memcpy + 556 (cpu_capabilities.h:189)
> 1    deinterlacer::temporal_reconstruct_frame(unsigned char*,
> unsigned char*, unsigned char*, unsigned char*, int, int, int) + 108
> (yuvdeinterlace.cc:175)
> 2    deinterlacer::deinterlace_motion_compensated() + 112
> (yuvdeinterlace.cc:709)
> 3    main + 1856 (yuvdeinterlace.cc:1033)
> 4    _start + 340 (crt.c:272)
> 5    start + 60

        That looks somewhat familiar.

        You should be able to fetch the CVS version - just ignore the mpeg2enc
        executable (save your old one).