Hi,

Stefan M. Fendt schrieb:
> Hello Burkhard,
>
>> Microwave oven works at 2.45 GHz, S-Video bandwidth is below 10 MHz
>> -> No interference
>
> Erm,...
>
> ... Burkhard, have I offended you somehow ??¿¿??

No.

>> Next time somone blames the earth radiation....
>
> so why do you offend me?

I didn't mean to offend you. "Someone" does not necessarily mean you :)
It was more a joke.

> To make you one thing clear: I do not have won my degree in the lottery.

neither me. I design microwave components for a living. But no
Kitchen-microwaves. We work above 100 GHz mostly.

> The radiation inside(!) the microwave-oven hopefully remains inside the
> microwave-oven, as otherwise you would have some very big but different
> problem... (Typically _this_ radiation *can* *not* come out of the
> microwave-oven anyways (if it is halfway-intact). These devices are
> typically very well shielded: Faraday Cage...)

Agree.

> Nonetheless, you might come here and take a look: I *have* a microwave
> which interferes with TV.

TV != S-Video cable (see below)

> I also have a hair-dryer, which interferes
> with UHF-Radio (oh, have I forgot to mention that this one (the
> Hair-dryer) does use 14 GHz? *LOL*)
>
> FYI: MicroWaveOvens do not only radiate on 2,4 GHz. And HairDryers
> despite not having any RF-Circuit at all, can perfectly radiate
> Frequencies up to 500 MHz and above if electrically not well designed
> (Remember the first RF-transmitters used sparks to create a very broad
> spectrum). There just does not exist any electrical device which will
> not radiate any RF.

Yes, hair dryers and other devices are broadband.

> I never have stated (or please show me!) that the interference was
> caused by 2,4 GHz direct radiation of the microwave. And the
> Micro-Controller-Board inside of my MWO has an oscillator-frequency of
> near 50 MHz with a broad spectrum above (even and odd multiples). And
> well, I can detect that spectrum a few ten meters away.

Ok but even 50 MHz and it's harmonics are still much higher than the
S-Video bandwidth :)

> How do you come to the idea to put a technophile engineer on the same
> level as those technophobe gibberish idiots(#) blaming earth radiation
> (whatever that may be *Sigh*) for their headaches and lack of
> intelligence?

As I said, I didn't want to offend you or anyone else on this list.

 From my experience, one thing can always safely be blamed for any kind of EMC
problem: Switched power supplies. Very broad spectrum from several 100 KHz up
to many MHz. Even your 14 GHz radio can be disturbed, because it has a
lower intermediate frequency inside :)
In the time of CRT monitors, they were also candidates with their multi-khz
sawtooth voltage.

Burkhard