Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
>> Andrea Giuliano wrote:
>>> I found this interesting link:
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Color_problem_patch
>>>
>>> that could be of some help. The pictures there show exactly the same
>>> problem I get. The author first thought it was a comb filter issue, but
>>> then he proposed a patch to cx88-core.c related to a different topic.
>
> That was a comb filter issue.  An incorrect notch filter use to remove the
> chroma signal from the luma was being used on on the cx88 driver, but it
> has since been fixed.

I didn't realize that, sorry. Actually, the date of the article is about
2005...

Anyway, since I've been running the same Debian box for a couple of
year, and I never recompiled the kernel, nor the mjpegtools, I guess
this problem maybe related to the mother board and the case I changed
some month ago: something inside the case may cause interference.

Best regards.

Andrea