The water pump had a bolt/lug sheared off flush to the block. My extractor broke off in the hole I had drilled in the bolt. I ended up drilling and tapping another smaller hole. I used gasket sealer and didn't think it would hold. It has so far, but I effed up and put the old pump and the old thermostat back on.

The latest posts on overheating had to do with bad radiators. I had my hopes that the WP and thermostat would be ruled out.

Do I have to pull the crank pulley to remove the WP?

Thanks
Steve