Move to California?
No, seriously, I use anti seize on the threaded portion of fasteners that I
don't want to rust, especially if they are likely to need to be removed for
future service reasons. If you're concerned about the heads of the
fasteners rusting, before installation, punch holes in a piece of
cardboard, insert fasteners, and shoot a few coats of a quality epoxy
paint. To improve adhesion, preheat your oven to about 200deg, and bake for
about an hour.

~Holland

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/CABrbKB%3D8nXKo-T0-9%3D2paV%2BCFB%3DE%2Br7ik3aJcRWYYDprnkU8%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.