>From Charles
        I forgot to mention: more and more users are going with exactly
one
        JRuby runtime per app, and most Ruby folks deploy one app in a
given

I have been pondering the merits of apps with a shared jvm ( protection is
provided via a
sandbox) vs independent jvms per app.  Since they are all communicating
via messages the
thought of avoiding serialization is appealing.  I am looking at the Kilim
approach to object
isolation which adds some complexity but does support the concept of
passing ownership
of objects between the sandboxes (Actors).

Any others have thoughts on how one might best do this 'Erlang' like
approach?

thx
mark