The underlying table is
arr                     |   value
--------------------------------
[1, 2]                 |   1
[7, 8, 9]             |   2

The expected output is

[2, 3]
[9, 10, 11]

Now our implementation is first to generate a MethodHandle mh that takes
two argument and output the sum. During the query processing, for each row,
we first call

capturedMh = mh.bindTo(value)

And then use capturedMh for each value in the array.

That's why we are having a different method handle for each row.

Best,
Wenlei

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Remi Forax <fo...@univ-mlv.fr> wrote:

> Hi Wenei,
> The idea of bindTo()/insertArguments is that you are requesting a partial
> evaluation, so you are asking the VM/JIT to specialize the method handle if
> the method handle is used often.
> So compiling a method handle to a bytecode snippet in that case is the
> expected behavior, not a bug.
>
> What i do not understand is why you need to have a different method handle
> for each row ?
>
> Did you try to use invokeWithArguments instead of bindTo().invokeExact() ?
>
> cheers,
> Rémi

Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)