On May 5, 2017, at 5:44 AM, Vladimir Ivanov <vladimir.x.iva...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> In other words, LF specialization influence how many classes for compiled LFs
> are loaded, but doesn't change what actually happen during MH invocation. (No
> inlining on bytecode level is needed during specialization. JIT will already
> do that during compilation. No need to help it.)

Not that hidden frames are terribly important, but it does strike me as odd, at
this moment, that stack traces for customized MHs and "raw" MHs look the pretty
much the same.

Idea:  Have two levels of hiding:  Hide always, and hide if inlined into some
caller.  That way a successfully optimized MH will show fewer stack frames on
close inspection.

— John