[2019-01-28 16:37] markus schnalke <mei...@marmaro.de>
> You must realize that I worked hard to cut the configure options
> down to where we are now. Mmh is an effort to counter feature-creep.
> Adding new configure options need a certain amount of need to have
> me like them. ;-)

Then I withdraw my proposal. I see now, that price for you to maintain
extra option is higher than price for me to maintain patch. And, those
who build with liblockfile, are not affected.

Probably, I must apologize for starting this discussion. Thank you for
your patience.

> If there is no better solution, I could go with an additional
> configure option. Does anyone know how it is solved in nmh and its
> Debian package? Do they have that configure option?

nmh builds with liblockfile. As such, it is not setgid.

> Is such a configure option the preferred way to solve the issue?
> I mean, every set[ug]id program on the system has the same problem.
> At least from the times when I maintained the MTA masqmail, I
> cannot remember anything like that ... but, of course, that's years
> ago, Debian packaging has evolved since. I'm just a bit irritated
> that you would request all upstreams to add a configure option just
> for the build system. I'd rather use a chmod(1) wrapper on the build
> systeme, which ignores the set[ug]id request, if I were in Debian's
> place. Looks more hazzle-free to me. This is why I ask so many
> questions ...

No idea, really. All other packages I maintain installs files with plain
root:root permissions.
--
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction