On 17 December 2014 at 21:12, Dmitry Brant <dbr...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> * Lead Images -- When navigating to an article, the app now displays the
> most relevant image from the article at the very top, with the image
> expanded to fit the width of your screen, and the title of the article
> overlaid onto it.  This provides a much improved visual context of the
> article, and a better entry point into starting your reading experience.
> (We're even doing face-detection in the image, so that photos of persons are
> properly aligned in the viewing area)

I've found a number of bugs with this (all on HTC Desire HD, running
Android 2.3.5, native browser), which can be seen in:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_mobile_app_beta_bugs_-_2014-12-18

They include text over key parts of images (images numbered 3 and 4)
and badly cropped images (2, 5, 6 ,7),

(Image 1 shows a different problem, with the featured article.)

> * Image Viewer -- Tapping on any image in an article (including the lead
> image) will take you to a full-screen image viewer where the image may be
> panned and zoomed.

I found this happened when I tapped on other parts of the page, even
when the image was scrolled off-screen.

> * Wikidata descriptions in Nearby search results.

When will we get the pins-on-map view back?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing