A quick not on next steps"

In case '[EPIC] Promote usage of "print->pdf" an article on mobile'[1]
> isn't planned to be deployed sometime soon how about considering some
> kind of temporary and helpful "quick fix"?
>

> It could be something like filling the blank spaces of unloaded images
> with some helpful text that act as links. The helpful text might be
> something like, "Click here to see <unloaded> image", for example. The
> user could be taken to taken to the location of the image file when he
> taps the text. I'm suggesting this believing that it would be possible
> to identify the unloaded images.
>
> I guess this doesn't require much work and could be a "quick fix". This
> is not required if [1] is being planned to be deployed "soon".
>
> [1] : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T163472

Relatively "soon".  We're planning on tackling this in the next three
months.  If we consider some time for testing, etc, it should be out within
4-5 months from now.  Since the print to PDF functionality from the browser
doesn't have heavy usage, we weren't planning on doing a quick fix in the
meantime, but I like the idea of having a general warning or text that lets
the user know why images are not appearing.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

- Olga
--
Olga Vasileva // Product Manager // Reading Web Team
https://wikimediafoundation.org/