On Monday 26 June 2017 03:19 PM, Olga Vasileva wrote:

Relatively "soon". We're planning on tackling this in the next three months. If we consider some time for testing, etc, it should be out within 4-5 months from now. Since the print to PDF functionality from the browser doesn't have heavy usage, we weren't planning on doing a quick fix in the meantime, but I like the idea of having a general warning or text that lets the user know why images are not appearing.

I actually thought of suggesting to promote the "print to PDF from browser functionality" to users in some way. Most users wouldn't be aware of the great work that's done in print styles. I held myself back because of the different path[1] taken currently.
Once again, thanks for the feedback!
You're welcome.

[1]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T163472

--