The two functions MochiKit.DOM.isChildNode and isParent have both been
added in version 1.4 of MochiKit (not yet stable). But they are
virtually identical (except for a few bugs I'm in fixing right now).
The only difference, according to the API docs, as far as I can tell
is:

isChildNode(node, node) --> true
isParent(node, node) --> false

Is it not pointless to keep both functions around? Since isChildNode()
is more tested (and probably more used), I'd suggest removing
isParent() from the API before the 1.4 release. Possibly, in order to
simplify the transition, we could just alias isParent to isChildNode
(and remove the API doc specification so that noone will use it from
now on).

Opinions?

Cheers,

/Per

PS. I just discovered that Google Groups silently dropped all my
emails that used another sender address, so I'm currently resending
all my recent postings. Hence the sudden email bombing...