Did you connect the modem using NetworkManager (e.g. using nmcli) or
did you connect the modem using mmcli?
I see where you are going with this. It seems I expected more of the interaction between the ModemManager and Network Manager . To answer your question, no I have only used mmcli. Let me try the process with nmcli.