Hi Christian,

I am in favor of not mangling the reply-to header, however for other
reasons, than you, I guess. ;-)

Am 16.08.2012 15:42, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:

>>> The only real thing that changes is that people need to use "reply to
>>> all" instead of just "reply".
>>
>> But people won´t use "reply to all". They will use "reply to list"
>
> How can/will you know?

Well, that´s the recommendation, given to the people in several
threads on several TDF mailing lists.

And, if you use Thunderbird and you read a message, that came from a
mailing list, Thunderbirds UI suggests "Reply-To-List" rather than
"Reply-To-All".

> If you decide to only reply to the list, and not to all, then it is
> your choice to cut communication with any non-subscribers in that
> current discussion.

Until now, I had the assumption, that everyone, who wants to take
part in the communication of a mailing list, is subscribed to the
list. Moreover, I would expect everyone before posting to the list,
that he would follow the list for a while, in order to avoid, that
he would post something, that has already been discussed over and
over on the list already. ;-)

> I can start writing in Japanese to this list if that makes you feel better.

Please stick to English and German, thanks. ;-)

> sorry, but I don't get the point in constructing corner cases.

I am not talking about a corner case, but I am referring to
something you call the main point, but I doubt, that the new
configuration will hit this very point. ;-)

Stefan